A fun, new way to learn how to swim and be safe.
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Optus Junior Dolphins Program. Aquatic Pathways from Infants through to Optus Junior Dolphins The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia’s Optus Splash app to enhance parent communication. You can download the Optus Splash app for android mobiles at Google Play store and for iPhone in the apple store. Features of the app include:
Optus Splash app
- Optus Junior Dolphins is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and recreational/lap swimming. The curriculum for the program builds on the core and foundation elements in the GOSWIM program, as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the development of efficiency and endurance.
- Parents identifying and tracking students' progress through our clearly defined pathway
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students' progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
GOSWIM Membership Benefits
$16.20 per Week Swim Program Membership*
The COOL stuff:
- Weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks
- Easy and affordable - With weekly payment, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system
- Ongoing enrolment - Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering your preferred lesson time
- Year-round unrestricted access - Students have unrestricted access to aquatic areas
- Optus Splash App - Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes
- 4-weeks FREE family swim access over summer
The SERIOUS stuff:
- PLUS, 1-week holiday fast track program
- Valid for direct debit memberships only
- 1-week holiday swim program consists of 5 x 30-minute lessons (over 5 consecutive days) at participating sites
- 1 week’s holiday swim program per new swim program member enrolment. Holiday swim program must be booked in advance and redeemed in the 2019/2020 summer season
- $20 Administration fee per family
- See in-centre for full terms and conditions.